Yesterday I got the Invitation of the recently launched social networking site know as “Google+” . Its based on your day to day interaction analysis made by ex-Googler Paul Adams. People are in high hopes that this will save them from the addiction of Facebook. As of present it’s access is limited to few people only and it’s in testing phase. Due to excessive demand of invitations, Google has closed down the invitation part for sometime . It’s quite true because all I saw yesterday on Facebook and Twitter is “Please Invite Me to Google+”. Experts says that Google+ will get open for public in the coming week. It’s available for Gmail users only as of now. Google+ account gets integrated with the other Google products. You can open it from various ways. Either hit the “+ANKUR” on your Google bar or login to the www.plus.google.com .
As soon as you login you will see a very simple and attractive UI🙂 Below is the screenshot of my plus account welcome screen.
Let’s talk about some of it features now :
1. You can easily add to contacts to the circles. Then while sharing ,you chooses the circle you want to share with. If you want to share it with all you have the public options for it. You can easily edit your circles.
2. It has got it recently launched “+1” button on very post and comment. It’s quite similar to the Facebook’s like button.
3. Notifications will appear on the top right side of the screen. You can also see it in the above screenshot.
4. Instead of wall post, you share the “Stream” with your circles.
5. It has got the “Spark” feature . It’s quite similar to the hashtag feature of the social micro blogging site Twitter. This features lacks in the Facebook. You just type your topic and sparks and all the streams related to that will appear on your screen.
6. One more good feature is you can edit your comments. Facebook needs to think about applying this feature as soon as possible🙂
Overall I think Google+ is great in the privacy field. Moreover sharing the post with the people you want to is one of its major strength. There is also a data liberation option in your Google+ settings through which you can download all of your uploaded data. I am still searching about it’s hangout feature and will try write about it soon🙂 Feedbacks and Comments are welcome😀 Oh!!!! I forgot to tell you one important thing i.e. Google+ is for 18+ only😦