The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
4,329 films were submitted to the 2012 Cannes Film Festival. This blog had 49,000 views in 2012. If each view were a film, this blog would power 11 Film Festivals
Click here to see the complete report.
I started writing for Linux For You Magazine in August 2010. Since Then I have written over 10 articles for this International Magazine. Today I am providing the readers with all the links to my articles. All the work done is under Creative Common License as described in the sidebar widget also.
1. Let’s Play With Emacs CLI : This teaches you the basics of the ‘Emacs’ Text Editor. This articles was published in the Aug 2010. I published it in two parts on my blog. Click on respective part numbers to read : Part 1 Part 2 .
2. Cut and Play With Pitivi Video Editor : A tutorial on how to use Pitivi video editor to play with videos in an experimental way. It was published in the Nov 2010 Edition. Click to Read
3. Let’s Play With Gnu Screen : Tutorial about one of the greatest utility provided by GNU also know as ‘virtual terminal manager’ . It was published in Feb 2011 Edition . Click To Read
4. Get Started With Pygame Part 1 : One of my favorite series It teaches you the basics about the pygame API of the python module. Pygame is the python extension of the SDL with some additional benifits. This article was published in May 2011. Click To Read
5. Get Started With Pygame Part 2 : Advance knowledge about the pygame API. Includes the color play and sprites usage tutorial . It was published in July 2011. Click To Read
6. Connection To Mysql With Python and Php : Simple tutorial on how you can successfully connect mysql to your program of python or php. It was published in Aug 2011 . Click To Read
7. Recovered Deleted Files In Linux : Different ways of recovering your deleted files using utilities like scalpel , foremost etc. It got published in Sep 2011 . Click To Read
8. Let’s Play With CodeIgniter Part 1 : Teaches you the basics of the PHP based framework ‘CodeIgniter’ . This frameworks is really useful and changes the way I used to code in PHP. It follows the MVC approach. It was published in the Oct Edition. Click To Read
There are certain articles like ‘Let’s Play With VirtualBox’,'Using Nessus and Metasploit’,'Play With GUI’s In Python’ that hasn’t been published online yet . I will publish them in future on this blog and will provide you the links. So click on the links and explore the stuff
Wikipedia : One of the most important web portal in geek’s life. Whenever I need to search anything I use two things. First open up the Google and then search for the related wikipedia page. Exploring wikipedia page using shell is possible. Interested fact is that we can do it without even opening the cli browser. We can make wikipedia text query over dns for an ip address. I learned this trick from Ajay Sharma (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thanks to him for teaching me this wonderful trick. Let’s explore how to do it
We will use ‘dig‘ utility for this purpose. Dig is more popularly known as the DNS lookup Utility. You can find more about it using man pages. Syntax for the text based wikipedia query is : dig +short txt <keyword>.wp.dg.cx . For example if you want to look into the wikipedia page of Linux you need to type something like this : dig +short txt linux.wp.dg.cx . Screenshot of the same is attached below :
Making A Wikipedia Query In CLI
For multiple word search having spaces in between them you can use the traditional ‘\’ operator. To grasp the wikipedia page of Free Software Foundation (FSF) we need to type dig +short txt free\ software\ foundation.wp.dg.cx .
FSF Wikipedia Search
Only problem is its quite limited. I am trying to figure out a way through which we can look up the whole page but I think this much is also quite useful as most of the times we came to know about the product by reading one or two lines only. So play with wikipedia using Shell only
I came to know about the death of Steve’s death through twitter in the morning. Moment was really sad and I was unable to work properly . But then I received a call from my friend in the evening. He told me that let’s not mourn his death anymore. Let’s celebrate his life. He contributed to the tech world through his innovations. Let us innovate something and pay a tribute to this ‘iCon of Silicon Valley‘ .I know this blog is dedicated to open source technologies but we respect and salute this man for his great contributions. RIP Steve Jobs. Below is an image that reflects his ways of thinking.
Great Man : Great Thoughts
Also I am looking forward to this book : Buy Steve Jobs: The Exclusive Biography from Flipkart.com . High Expectations :)